Friday, September 9 marked the reinstatement of the Lunch-N-Learn in-house educational series for LRS Web Solutions with a web applications discussion about online stores from Bill and Beau.
The presentation covered:
- Who is currently using online stores with examples
- Various features of online stores
- Future enhancements and possibilities
Cassandra created a list of features discussed that she felt were important to improve the online shopping experience:
1. One Click to Cart. I hate when I click “add to cart” and I am suddenly taken away from my browsing page. Then the worst is when I have to maneuver my way back to the products I left off at because “back to browsing” takes me to the homepage or removes any filters. Grr! I just want to add something to my shopping cart quick & easily, without leaving the page.
2. Show me the Steps! There’s a lot that goes into buying something. You have to know your address, payment information, and if you want to sign up for newsletters. During the check-out process, I like to see where I’ve been and where I’m going. By displaying the step-by-step process with the ability to go back and edit information, I simply feel more comfortable.
3. Share. I get excited about new shoes. I want to tell everyone about them and what a great deal I got on them. Might as well make it easy for me and add a “Share on Facebook or Twitter” link.
4. Lots of pictures. The more pictures of an item, the better. A full view of the item, a close-up shot and pictures of the item in use are all necessities. What’s even more fun is when users can upload their own pictures of an item.
5. Customer Reviews. I don’t know many people that will purchase an item online without first reading customer reviews. Don’t make me go anywhere else to find that information. I might buy that item from somewhere else. Provide a rating and customer reviews where I can easily access them.
6. Wish List. I create these constantly. It’s easier on my parents and my husband around the holidays and birthday time. If a store doesn’t have Wish List functionality, my family isn’t shopping there.
Here is a quick peek inside this Lunch-N-Learn session for those who might be curious. It’s a great way for our team to learn, share ideas, ask questions and stay up-to-date on the latest web technology.
LRS Web Solutionsis constantly improving our online store product. So, tell us… What do you love about your favorite online store?